Find the plugin by searching for VHDL in the extensions sidebar, or go to the online marketplace. Follow the instructions in the readme.
- F12 - go to definition
- Shift-F12 - find references
- Ctrl-Shift-o - find symbol in current file
- Ctrl-t global project symbol search
- Syntax checking occurs on save
- Autocompletion happens automatically when you type
- Linting and type checking occur on save (premium version only)
- Hover your mouse over an identifier for type information (premium version only)
Make sure vhdl-tool is configured properly by running vhdl-tool check-config in the directory containing the configuration file.